The church stands in Šaukėnai town side (the right tributary Venta river) on the right bank. Šaukėnai church is mentioned in 1497. Šaukėnai church was many times rebuilt. In 1947 built the present wooden frame church. Church is rectangular with two towers. The churchyard fence of wooden structures, masonry arched gates. The churchyard gates included in the list of protected cultural monuments. Persisting in the eighteenth century Belfry.