The old part of Kražiai, located on both sides of Kražantė river, is protected as a cultural value of urbanism. One of the historical monuments here is the surviving building of the former Jesuit college (early 17‘th century). It is part of a huge complex of Jesuit buildings that once stood in Kražiai. 1616 the Jesuits founded Kražiai College, the most important center of education and religious life in Samogitia. As many as 22 multi-purpose buildings were built on an area of approximately 4 ha.